Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Baby Quilts


This was my first hand quilted quilt. The first one I made for Amanda when Max was born was hand tied. I really like hand quilting. Its meditative for me and I enjoy seeing all those little stitches come together at the end. I am by no means an expert--I cannot for the life of me figure out the rocking stitch so I've come up with my own methods.

img_0835

This particular pattern is from The Purl Bee. I love it. It's so graphic and a quick piece to quilt. I cut, pieced, quilted, and binded the entire quilt in one week thanks to someone's unexpected early arrival! The quilting is done in Fuschia thread and follows each of the zig zags as well as in the middle of the white sashes.
img_0834
I've since made one more that from this point forward will be called the evil quilt--the fabric I used was awful and frayed to pieces. No pictures-sorry but for a boy and in greens. Next zig zag quilt will have no triangles--I'm excited to try this one out. Hopefully the alignment won't be as difficult as with the triangles.

You can see the quilt in action here.

No comments:

Post a Comment