Monday, July 27, 2009

Itching

In a perfect world this would come live with me. But since we are trying to not spend unnecessary money and I can't see buying furniture specifically for a rental I will live with what we have now. I REALLY REALLY don't like our couch. Its from ikea and Eric's bachelor days. Its falling a part and the fabric is horrible for cat hair. Our couch, notice the metal bars on it:



I want to make a slipcover for it. I have 20 yards of green fabric from our wedding at my parents house. Do you think this is enough if I don't cover the back of the cushions with it? Do you think its possible with this type of couch? Will you piece together these curtains for me since I will undoubtedly not want to touch a sewing machine for a month after completing this project?

1 comment:

  1. Well..I think you could definately make a slip cover, and it should be pretty easy. I think you could even do the backs and undersides with that amount of fabric but is it worth it? How long will you really keep this couch? IF you won't be keeping it longer than say 2 years, you are going to spend a lot of time for it to go to waste. It will take you a while to finish this project and i just don't want to see all that work done and then have you guys go and get a new couch. KNow what I mean? But yes, I would peice together the curtains for you, if you would like :)

    ReplyDelete