Saturday, August 29, 2009

Moose

My husband, who I love dearly, thinks he needs a "wilderness" theme in his new "man cave." Yes, I said it, we have a man cave. Our new house literally has too much space for us right now so there is a separate "family room" downstairs that my husband has turned into his sanctuary (in addition to the room next to it which is his "gun room") and it has the big screen TV, soon it will have surround sound; all the necessities he needs to enjoy his 200 channels of cable. It is even fully furnished with the option of a poker table. The walls are mint green, as is the rest of this house, and we are attempting to "decorate" without painting. I went on a hunt for fabric for "curtains." I put this in quotations because it is a basement window- very tiny- and almost doesn't need any window coverings, but I am trying to support the wildnerness theme becuase I won't allow it anywhere else in the house. I went to the fabric store and searched for some sort of wildlife fabric and ta da! I found a moose print! What could be better! It is a neutral backgroud, has the browns that match our furniture...it's perfect! The best part of all, I don't hate it. So here it is!

1 comment:

  1. Ha! That's really funny and what a good wife you are. That totally reminds me of my parents' living room, wildlife themed upholstery, wallpaper, and accessories. There's also a moose, bear, numerous deer, a bobcat, and pheasant on the walls. Any dead animals going in the man cave?

    ReplyDelete