Saturday, September 26, 2009

Pot 'o Soup Quilt

That's what I've affectionately coined this one. I think there's about 11 different fabrics in it and it's crib size. This was finished in July but I've just gotten pictures of it. I'm always so excited to give them to the recipient that I forget to take them myself. Luckily my friend who I gave this to, for her new little guy, found a moment to take these for me.

Pot 'o Soup Quilt

When putting together her new nursery my friend's plan was to use lots of color. LOTS. So I followed suit in choosing this design or her. There is a quilting computer program available that will let you layout your design and fabric choices before cutting and sewing anything. I, however, rely on my trusty color pencil set to figure out what I'm going to do. I usually start with the backing fabric and choose fabrics for the front, sashing, and binding from there. The hardest part about this was to decide which colors would go where and what design of block to do. I admit I redid one row after laying out the pieces. The tones just were not right. Luckily I had leftovers and was able to quickly piece together new blocks to finish the top.

Pot 'o Soup Quilt

It's hand quilted in a double diamond pattern and the lovely crinkles are from the 100% cotton batting I always use. I refuse to use synthetic because the cotton just washes beautifully and you end up with gorgeous results each time. I think that's all. If you have any questions let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment