Thursday, September 10, 2009

Skirt Project

photo.jpg

Built by me using a Built by Wendy pattern. While in Portland the husband bought me this book. I spent an afternoon this weekend putting together this skirt after waiting for additional material to arrive. My initial thought was to add a sash to the waist somewhat like these dresses at Anthropologie. However, after the heavy swearing and work it took to get this skirt to come together I decided this was enough and it was time to move on to the next project.

The sizing on this pattern was a **little** off. Following measurements it should have fit. But, the waist hit way up on my ribcage and the hips were SO tight. In order to make it fit I had to roll the waist down 6-7 inches and create the elastic waist band. Does that make sense? I'm really glad I didn't try to put in a zipper this time. I'll save that until I can adjust the pattern to fit. I think next time I'm just going to follow this tutorial when I want to make an elastic waist skirt.

Built by Wendy Skirt

And a bad picture of it on. I really do like it though. It's a nice casual skirt.

1 comment: