Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Sophia's Dress

Well after Sunday night's disastrous sewing attempt I needed something with quick results and satisfaction. I started with this tutorial and followed the 2T sizing with a bit of adjustment. I'm hoping the proportions are right. We'll see once my model gets her hands on it.

Sophia's Dress

This was super fun to make and my first time using elastic. The fabric (all 1/2 yard of it) was something in my stash that was already washed and ready to go. I made the top too long (I actually forgot to cut that dimension, oops). That's when I decided to add the casing to the waist using this as inspiration. It's a lot of fun sewing little kid clothes. The best part is trying new things because even if its a complete disaster you're out very little fabric.

1 comment:

  1. SO CUTE! I am totally stealing this idea and making something for Sophie!!

    ReplyDelete